Thursday, June 18, 2009

Second chance for Palm Pre

Just talk through phone with my friend, he is so excited with the new Palm Pre. Palm Pre is the lastest smart phone by Palm, it has multimedia cababilities, with WiFi, GPS and a multi-touch screen (and more), so it was always compared with Apple iPhone. Pre has very possitive review on Internet.

Palm Pre using new Palm OS call webOS, which is a Linux base operating system. Palm Pre first shown on CES (Consumer Electronics Show) on January 2009, release on early June but CDMA version only. Not like iPhone which was first release with GSM network which is common outside US. Even if you bought a Pre from US, you might not able to use in your area without the CDMA network.

I was a supporter of Palm, I am happy with my Palm Vx but I am very disappointed with the Palm TX which I bought few years back. The Palm TX has a higher storage capacity, SD slot for external storage, multimedia, bluetooth and WiFi connection.

It looks like a good portable device to surf internet, but after sometime, the Palm TX browser just give a blank screen while surfing the Internet, and I experience system crash especially with the network related application (refer here and here). The system crashes so often that I have to back up as frequent as possible, there is no software update to fix the problem after I bought the Palm. The new Palm Desktop software is worst than the earlier version, I have to stop synchronize through desktop and just backup on the SD card.

My friend told me, this is Pre (not TX), and Palm deserve a second chance. Ok, everyone deserve a second chance, so does Palm. I hope Palm don't screw it this time.

2 comments:

KT Lai said...

Your friend is right, you should give PalmPre a second chance.

fuyichin said...

LOL. Let's see if it surprise me.