Saturday, October 11, 2008

MyOSS October meetup 2008 Openmoko

It rains in the afternoon, traffic is bad, I was late to the MyOSS meetup at AeU, Dataran Kewangan Darul Takaful.

It was almost three years, I have not join the meetup. Saw some familiar faces like Kaeru, Ditesh, Aizat and ... I meet new people like Kai Jen, Sean, Poh Lim, Michael, Wei Liang... Almost 30 members attended, consider good and successful.

The topic today is Openmoko mobile, the speaker bring some demo phones, it runs on Linux, the interface looks quite nice. Probably most people are not impress with it, because they will compare it with Android phones.

I am not going to blog about the meetup event here, I believe Aizat will do it, he already upload the photos here.

After the meetup, have supper with Michael and Wei Liang in Bangsar. Wei Liang says I look like a tourist because I take pictures of the banana leaf supper.

banana leaf
Wei Liang says I look like a tourist by taking the photo

Is really nice to meet with the open source people again.

No comments: