Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Portable firefox 2.0.0.2

I bring along my firefox with my USB thumb drive. Some people asking me, why I need firefox? Ya! Why I need firefox? I don’t really have a good answer for it.

update firefox
updating firefox to version 2.0.0.2


My reply to open source users, firefox is open source software. For normal users, who cares!? Answer for normal users is, I like the dictionary plug-ins for firefox.

There is a few dictionary plug-ins available for firefox, earlier I am using a plug-ins connect to Altavista babble fish service (the plug-ins should be here), now I am using oak vocabulary plug-ins.

Oak Vocabulary
Oak Vocabulary pop up as a dialog box


It is quite powerful, you can configure to activate the dictionary service as a tooltips, and you can configure and add in different online dictionary services.

This is the reason which is good enough for normal user to use firefox.

No comments: